Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bradaseric - 90% sure we're related...

I would hazard to guess that every single Bradaseric in the United States - of which there are not many - are related to me in some way, shape or form.  While I have not researched this line very much, I thought I would add what I do know.

Joseph Bradaseric came to the US from Austria in 1909 at the age of 9 with his mother Mary, who was born in 1858.  Of his father, I do not yet have any information.  Mary was born of Austrian parents, of which I also do not have any information.  By the 1920 Census, they were settled on a farm in Health, Allegan County, Michigan owed by Joseph.
 

Joseph BRADASERIC married Lottie Kurek/Kardnalski/Kirdynlski/Kardynlski.  I'm wondering if "Kurek" was the "American-ized" version of her name, as "Kurek" is the surname given for her in the obituary of her second husband, Joseph Opiola, but Kirdynlski/Kardynalski is the name listed on the death index of her son Joseph.


Joseph and Lottie moved around quite a bit.  I have records for them that include: Allegan, Michigan, Cook County, Illinois, Lincoln County, Wisconsin, and Missoula, Montana.

Joseph also registered for World War I.  On that document, is the following:
There are 2 numbers at the top; the one on the left corner looks like "serial number" 4033; the one on the right corner I can't decipher "*something* number" 1762.
Location: Allegan, Michigan (looks like Danningville / Dunningville as the town?)
Age: 18
Birth Date: 30 Apr 1900
Birth Location: Austria 
Present Occupation: Farmer
Race: White, medium height, small build, brown eyes, and black hair, with no physical disqualifications
There's another part that looks like "Employer's Name" that says: Joe Bradaseric Sr.
The registration card is dated 12 Sep 1918, and signed by Benj. Ban...something.  I can't read it.



I am NOT going to be listing children or grandchildren of the following until I get express permission to do so.  This is because many are living, and I do not want to offend anyone by posting exact birth dates, death dates, locations, etc.


Children of Joseph & Lottie are:
1.) Rose BRADASERIC
b.
d.
m. Gerhard HOFFMAN on 13 Nov 1942 Cook County, Illinois

2.) Eleanor Mary BRADASERIC
b. 1927
d. 1984
m. (1) Kenneth GRIFFITH (1925-1988) Cook County, Illinois, (2) Robert E. MCCULLOUGH

3.) Joseph BRADASERIC Jr.
b. 1925
d. 1998
m. Charlotte HANSON

4.) Josephine BRADASERIC
b. 1926
d. 1991
*I'm assuming she's an unmarried daughter of theirs.

5.) Edward BRADASERIC 
b. 1928
d. 1988
m. *not known*

According to a fellow Bradaseric researcher, there are also other children born to Joseph.  I do not know if Lottie is their mother, or if she'd be willing to let me post the information she has on this site.  I will also ask my father, aunt, and uncle if they mind me posting grandma & grandpa's information as well. 5/25/2011

I am also in contact with another researcher who is checking into some other information for me as well. 5/25/2011



Sources
1920 US Census
Cook County, Illinois Marriage Index, 1930-1960
Social Security Death Index
Wisconsin Death Index, 1959-1997
E-Mail from Nick

2 comments:

  1. Joseph Bradaseric's father name is Joan Bradaseric he born about 1884 is all I know which is my great grandfather. Joseph and Lottie were divorced and Lottie been living in Wisconsin till her death. Joseph buried in Pasadena,California and Mary as well.
    Edward married Arlys Gratias on July 12 1952 and have 6 children. I do have alot more information in my files. Take a lot of time to put in this post. Anyway, Edward Bradaseric is my father. so once again if you need more information feel free to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I wasn't able to respond quicker, we went out of town for the holiday weekend. It seems you have more info on the Bradaserics than I can find in my cursory glance for them. Eleanor is my half uncle's mother, and his wife asked me to see what kind of information I could find out for their girls. I look forward to talking to you more! Feel free to email me anytime at rmmichels (at) gmail.com. :)

    ReplyDelete